Year / Date of Release: 12.12.2022
Developer: Native Instruments
Developer’s website: native-instruments.com
Format: STANDALONE, VST3i, AAX*
Bit Size: 64bit
System requirements: OS: Windows 8+, CPU: SSE4, GPU: Open GL 2.1+, Direct 3D 11.1+
No need for the treatment – Full version (Full) as well:
1. No need to activate protected libraries, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit protected library patches.
3. Possibility to resave protected library patches with samples.
4. Possibility to edit locked scripts.
Features of PORTABLE version:
1. No installation required, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C++ runtime).
2. All settings are saved in the portable program folder (Windows Registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required. Super administrator rights are required if the ported program folder is stored in a protected system location (e.g. Program Files) – this location is unnatural for ported programs, and not recommended.
3. library manager is integrated, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows to register unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt-files.
4. Possibility to work simultaneously with the installed version of Kontakt without conflicts and with different settings.
Kontakt PORTABLE is not compatible with NKS (Native Kontrol Standard):
1. NKS-compatible library tools added to Kontakt PORTABLE will not appear on the screen of a hardware NKS device (Komplete Kontrol or Maschine).
Consequently, they cannot be selected, previewed and loaded directly from the device browser, but only through the Kontakt interface itself.
2. the controls of the NKS-compatible library tool loaded in Kontakt PORTABLE are not automatically bound to the NKS device controllers,
only manually in the standard way for external MIDI devices (MIDI Learn).
How to install Kontakt 7 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT contain a Kyrillic. The folder MUST be accessible for recording.
2. Run the installer (KontaktPortable_v713.exe).
3. press the Browse… button and select the created empty folder
4. Click the Extract button
How to update Kontakt 7.x.x PORTABLE to Kontakt 7.1.3 Portable:
1. Run the installer (KontaktPortable_v713.exe)
2. Click the Browse… button button and choose the folder where Kontakt 7.x.x PORTABLE files are located:
|____Kontakt7Portable <—– select this folder
3. click the Extract button
4. When the Confirm file replace window appears, confirm the file replace (Click Yes to All)
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 6 PORT
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 6 PORTABLE to Kontakt 7 PORTABLE:
0. Close all copies of Kontakt 7 PORTABLE, including the VST/AAX plug-in.
1. Copy the UserData folder from the Kontakt 6 Portable root folder to the Kontakt 7 Portable root folder.
Open the UserData folder in explorer to find the Kontakt subfolder and rename it Kontakt 7.
How to add Kontakt 7 PORTABLE VST3 to your host (DAW):
Open your host settings and add Kontakt7PortableKontakt 7x64VST3 folder as additional plugin scan folder. Refer to your DAW manual for details.
This method is suitable for hosts who do not limit themselves to scanning VST3 plug-ins in the default location only (Cockos REAPER, Magix Samplitude,…).
On the components selection page select “Add VST3 plug-in to DAW” to create a link to the VST3 plug-in portable Kontakt in the standard VST3 plug-ins scan folder.
How to add Kontakt 7 PORTABLE to ProTools:
Run Kontakt7PortableInstall.exe and select “Add AAX to ProTools” (on the component selection page).